Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!

I spent the majority of Mother's Day with my mom and with Dave's mom. We spent the night at my parents' house on Saturday and came home yesterday afternoon, and stopped on the way home to visit Dave's mom. After that we went to a restaurant of my choosing, and I chose Mexican food. Unfortunately, Lin just does not like Mexican food. She insisted it was fine because it was Mother's Day, but when we got there and she said "I'm not hungry, I'll just have french fries." I felt so guilty! She did eat the chips and salsa, and we convinced her to try a shrimp dish which she did kind of like.

We ordered Ruby a small smorgasbord of food from the children's menu and I think she ate about 5 bites total. I'm really going to try to reign-in our dining habits. We eat out WAY too much and I know we're just throwing money down the drain. Ruby especially ends up wasting a lot of food. I need to be better about getting control of her portions. If I could just get into the habit of putting 2-3 bites of each item we're having for dinner on her plate, then telling her she can have seconds of anything she wants AFTER she has cleaned her plate. She really isn't that much of a picky eater, she likes a lot of food and we certainly don't serve her chicken nuggets and/or mac n cheese for every meal. But we end up throwing a lot of food away.

But anyway, my Mother's Day was very nice. And I have two beautiful daughters that any mother would be proud to call her own!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day (belated) to a great mom of two beautiful girls...And, hey, Dave is not too bad either! Ha!HA!
    Much love,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete