Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Happy Spring!

Ruby got a Big Girl Bike for her birthday in January. The weather was actually nice that day, so she took it out for a spin.

And she cried. (Didn't care for the high-tech braking system.)

So she went back to her trusty tricycle.

Yesterday, Dave got out the Big Girl Bike again. Needless to say, the kid's a champ! By this evening, she had this bike-riding thing down. Bring on the 2-wheeler! (Uh, let's rethink that... I'm not ready for that yet!)

So, my 3-year-old daughter loves to ride her bike. Does my 12-year-old daughter know how? Has she ever been on a bike? I'll be finding out soon!

Dave spoke with our social worker today. Our NVC letter and DS 230 form were all in order and have been sent off to China! Next step: Article 5, which should come within the next month. After that, Travel Approval and then TRAVEL!!! I decided today to stop thinking about the wait ahead in terms of months, but rather in terms of weeks. To say we should be travelling in 8 weeks sounds so much closer than 2 months. So there you go, I'm mere weeks away from travel!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment