Friday, February 18, 2011

Applesauce

Okay, okay, I'm going to stop making promises on my blog. This is NOT the afore-promised picture post... again. Please don't be mad.

I just thought this was too cute not to share. Ruby had a homework assignment for preschool this week. She was supposed to tell me how to cook her favorite food. My assignment was to write down, word-for-word, her instructions. I was not to edit anything. The recipes from all the kids are going to be compiled and I really hope I get a copy because they should be pretty entertaining to read.

And so without further ado, Ruby's recipe -- in her own unedited words -- for Homemade Applesauce:


- You have to get a little water

- And you have to get a little flowers -- no actually, milk

- And you have to get some cheese -- no actually, juice

- You need homemade applesauce and plain applesauce

- If you put the milk in first and the applesauce in first you get more applesauce. It makes a giant bowl if you put applesauce and milk in first.

**At this point I asked her if you needed to cook the applesauce**
- You just have to mix only a little and you have to put an ice cube in and some water, and that will make it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How cute is that? And for the record, I had no idea that homemade applesauce was her favorite food. She came up with that one out of the blue. I've never made applesauce for her, although my mother has made it, but to my knowledge she has never witnessed applesauce being made.

If anyone feels like joining in on this homework assignment, feel free to leave your child's "recipe" in the comments. I'd love to read them!

No comments:

Post a Comment