Saturday, August 13, 2011

Chinese-American Girl

Although Lin would say she's only Chinese and not American, she's really quite the Chinese-American girl. I certainly don't ever want her to lose her Chinese identity, but I can't help but be thrilled when I see her being just so American!

The other day I came home from work to find her plopped on the couch with the TV on, watching one of her Chinese TV shows on DVD, flipping through a Seventeen magazine. I wish I would have snapped a picture of this very Chinese-American moment but, alas, I didn't.

And talk about worlds colliding! Somehow Dave found the following You*Tube clip the other day and when Lin saw it, she couldn't stop laughing. It's a video of one of Lin's favorite Chinese bands, S.H.E., singing an all-too familiar song from a current American pop culture phenom (and now that Lin has seen this video she has vowed that she, too, will learn how to sing this song... she was practicing it in the car just today)...

If you are the parent of a teen or preteen girl, American or otherwise, you gotta see this.

Yes, Lin has come down with a slight case of "Bieber-Fever!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And for those who wanted the recipe I used for my zucchini brownies, which were ridiculous in their deliciousness, follow the link here .

(Note: I followed the recipe exactly, although some people suggested adding eggs. Don't be alarmed that the "batter" is not like a batter at all, but is very crumbly and dry. I'm telling you, the result is yummy fudgy sinfulness!)

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment