Friday, August 12, 2011

Uh-oh, I lost a Follower!

Oh man, I'm down one follower here on the blog, and I didn't have all that many to begin with! I guess you folks are trying to tell me I don't write enough. I'm sorry, I'm sorry!

Here's what's been going on this week... Medical stuff. And if you've been reading my blog for awhile, you'll remember that Lin is NOT a fan of doctors. Nor is she a fan of being reminded that she lives with some fairly hefty medical issues every day. I'm having a hard time knowing how best to deal with her attitude.

She had a check-up with her cardiologist which went fine. She was prepared for what the appointment would involve, she knew what to expect, and she did just fine... until the doctor told us he wanted her to wear a monitor for 24 hours. She wasn't prepared for that, didn't understand it, didn't want to do it. And then she needed some blood-work done on top of that. And that's what killed that day. Angry, angry, angry.

But we got through it. She wore the monitor, she gave blood, we all survived.

And then the doctor called a few days later and told us he wants her to go on a daily heart medication. It's not a huge problem, just some irregular heartbeats that showed up on the monitor, and he wants to see if medication helps even things out. She'll do another monitor in 3 months to see what affect the meds have.

But now Lin's attitude has gone from angry to, "I don't care. I don't want to know. I don't want to talk about it. I don't care. Whatever." And it's hard to see because I know she DOES care. She's pushing her feelings back and she won't let us talk about it. I just don't know what I can do to make it better.

So that's been this week. In other news, I made ridiculously delicious zucchini brownies yesterday. In fact, they're calling my name right now...

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Please share the recipe! Sorry that Lin must deal with health issues. I know myself that when I was a teen, it made me angry that I had to deal with Type I diabetes. It's got to be double hard to deal with that plus her new life (although she is much better being with you!) We will be in prayer that she will find that inner peace!

    Much love,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete