Friday, October 14, 2011

Dave's Dream Weekend

My husband rarely takes a "break" from family life to go do his own thing with a buddy or two. Not like me. I have my book club, my monthly dinner out with my mom and sister, even my Sunday School class I enjoy as a little "me-time."

But this weekend is all about Dave! It kicks off tonight when he heads out to a concert by the heavy metal band Anthrax. Yep. Dave is a metal-head. He invited me to go along -- and I must admit that not only have I been to an Anthrax concert myself, I even enjoy some of their music -- but this time I declined. So he's actually going out with a friend!

And then tomorrow his favorite movie of all-time is playing in the movie theater. Star Wars? Nope. The Godfather? Uh-uh. Field of Dreams? Not so much (although that is a good one). No, my husband's favorite movie of all time, the movie he owns multiple copies of in multiple languages, is George A. Romero's 1978 classic, Dawn of the Dead. Yep. Dave is a zombie freak.

And not only is Dawn of the Dead playing in our local theater for one weekend only, it is also the opening weekend of another movie Dave has been anticipating for months -- the prequel to another of Dave's all-time favorites,  the 1981 horror masterpiece John Carpenter's The Thing. This new movie is just called The Thing but it is, in fact, a prequel to the original (didn't you, like Dave, always wonder what had happened to the Norwegians?!? Or is it the Swedes? Now I can't remember which is right...).

So yes, tickets have already been purchased for a theatrical double-feature for Saturday evening. Dawn of the Dead and The Thing with just 15 minutes in-between to chow down on a popcorn dinner. I will be going with him to the movies -- Woo-Hoo! Date night! With zombies... and shape-shifting aliens... woo..hoo... Oh well. I'll take any date night I can get.

Last but not least, we certainly can't forget about Sunday! A television season premiere that Dave is so excited about he can hardly contain himself! AMC's The Walking Dead (yep, more zombies). It's a 90-minute premiere! Can you even stand the anticipation?!?

I sincerely hope you all enjoy your weekends, but I can almost guarantee you won't be having as much fun as my hubby!

(He deserves a great weekend. He's a pretty great guy. I really like him. But don't tell him I said so... I don't want it to go to his head...)

1 comment:

  1. That does sound like a dream weekend! I have to admit I'm a little jealous.

    ReplyDelete