Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Ladies and Gentlemen... I Don't Cook

Many of you know that the guy I share my life with, aka my husband Dave, is a fabulous cook. I spent the first several years of our marriage trying desperately to prove that I am a good wife/representative-of-the-female-race and cook our meals for us. A couple years ago I decided to officially throw in the dish towel and declare to the Universe: I Don't Cook.

Here are some examples of what you get when Dave cooks:


Hot Pot with beef, chicken, shrimp, veggies and noodles



Dan Dan Soup


Steamed Barbeque Pork Buns


Chinese Feast (I don't remember the names of each individual dish...)

Dave's specialty is Chinese cuisine, although he is also a master chef on the grill or in the smoker.

On occasion, however, I am forced to provide dinner for my family. Here's what happens on those nights:


Pigs-in-a-Blanket, a la Mama

Bon Appetit!


3 comments:

  1. Ok, so the Chinese food does look pretty tempting but Pigs-in-a-Blanket WITH Taco flavored Doritos..YUMMM!;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I guess he is a keeper for sure! Chris is the real cook/chef at our house, too.

    Have a great weekend,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, although I love to cook, I have cooked a total of 3 homecooked meals in the last 3 months....since I started working! Don't feel bad...I haven't even made hotdog pig in the blankets for my family! Take out is my new favorite!

    ReplyDelete