Sunday, April 8, 2012

Spring Break Getaway!

No, we did not go someplace tropical for Spring Break, but we did take an in-state getaway for a couple days. It was so nice! The weather was absolutely perfect and we all had a great time, despite 75% of the family having a cold (that Lin... she has an amazing immune system!).

Both Dave and I grew up in Michigan, as did our parents and grandparents before us. My parents have always thought that there's no better place on Earth to vacation than right here in Michigan, and I must say, now that I've reached adulthood and become a parent myself, I totally get it!

Early on in Dave's and my relationship, we were headed off to the little town of Frankenmuth to meet up with my family for the day (Dave and I live in west Michigan, but my family lives on the east side of the "mitten"). Dave had never been there, and I was a little nervous about what he would think about this rather cheesy, touristy little town. Well lo and behold, he loved it. And that's when I knew that he and I were meant to be together!

And so, when we were planning what to do for a quick and budget-friendly family getaway for Spring Break, our thoughts immediately turned to Frankenmuth, Michigan's Little Bavaria!

Enjoy the pictures...

Vacation begins!

The girls needed their picture taken at EVERY ONE of these cutouts we came across!

Shopping Diva

Outside the Cheese Haus

Breakfast at Tony's, or should I say, Bacon at Tony's (one side-order of bacon fed all four of us!)

Mmmmm, fudge

In addition to the face cutouts, Ruby also felt the need to ride each of these little penny-arcade rides. She declared them all "boring," but still kept riding them.

More goofy cutouts. What you can't see is me, uncomfortably crouched behind Ruby holding her up.

The ride home. And so, our vacation ends.

1 comment: