Thursday, May 20, 2010

My Husband is a Shop-A-Holic!

In the last few days since my last post, in which I was wondering what kinds of "fun stuff" we should have here in the house for Lin, my husband has spent a small fortune. We are now the proud owners of so much fun stuff! Puzzles, games, a bracelet-making kit, more games... The list goes on. And it's amazing how Ruby always manages to come home from the store with something new for herself, too! The other day she was demonstrating how to use her new Dora The Explorer boogie-board on the living room carpet...

I wish I could have snapped a picture of that, but my girl tends to be camera-shy. That will have to improve rapidly if I'm going to keep you all interested in this blog!

Unfortunately I've had to skip the shopping trips this week. I've come down with pneumonia! The timing of this could certainly be better, as we have so much to do to get ready, but every time I start to feel self-pity I remind myself that the timing could also be considerably worse! Imagine if I'd gotten sick the day before we were to leave?! Now that would be truly awful.

So, I'm following doctor's orders and not doing much of anything. I'm really sad because I will miss taking Ruby to her gymnastics class tonight, and I will also miss my Book Club night. But the fact that I can do little more than smile without coughing is a good indication that my body needs rest. The Doc says I should be feeling better in a couple days, so I'm NOT canceling any of my weekend plans yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment