Monday, January 10, 2011

Another Chance

Well, it's another Monday. Another chance to start in on those New Year's Resolutions I set for myself. I figured out why it's so hard to stick to healthy resolutions -- I don't wanna! When it's lunchtime and I'm hungry, and faced with the option of eating raw veggies and dip or running into the nearest Jimmy*John's, well, I'll give you two guesses which one I'll choose and the first guess doesn't count (to quote my dad).

I have been successful in flossing my teeth every night. And I've gone to bed earlier every night, although I have yet to hit my goal of 7 hours. But I've increased my sleep from 5-6 hours to 6 1/2 hours! This week I'll work on adding that last half hour. The tough thing with my sleep is, I have to get up at 3:00am to go to work. So getting 7 hours of sleep means going to bed at 8:00pm. I know my family knows I have to be up at 3:00am. And when I say I need more sleep at night, they all agree and say "no problem!" But the reality of that commitment is quite a bit different. "What?! You're going to bed? Now?! But it's so early! There's still homework to do. There's still bedtime stories to read. The kitchen's a mess. There's still clothes in the dryer..."

Anyhoo... On Saturday we met up with another family who adopted a boy that Lin knows from Shanghai. They live a little over an hour away from us, so we picked a McD's at a rough half-way point and had an early dinner. Kids are funny. And by "funny" I mean aggravating -- in a good way. Lin's friend Will was very shy and would barely look at Lin, let alone talk to her. The poor child just looked completely overwhelmed. And Lin, being the "tough girl" she is, quickly took on the attitude "Well if he's not talking to me, I'm not talking to him!" Despite my suggesting that she talk first, she wouldn't do it. Finally I was able to convince Lin to get into the play place with the other kids and after a minute or two I did hear her talking to Will. When she came back to the table I said that I had heard her talking. She said "Yeah, I say 'Why you no talk to me?!'" Whew! I fear for her future husband!

We took a couple pictures but I don't have them on the computer yet. You can see pictures on the Knisely's blog by clicking here.

Happy Monday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment