Sunday, January 2, 2011

Let's Make it a Great 2011!!

Well, 2011 has started. Have you failed your New Year's Resolutions yet? I have! But I'm giving myself another chance to start fresh tomorrow... Monday. It always seems easier to start something new on a Monday. (I mean, you can't start eating healthier on a Saturday, for goodness' sake!!)

My resolutions this year are:

- Floss my teeth every day
- Eat 2 servings of fruit every day
- Eat 3 servings of vegetables every day
- Take a walk/run 5-6 days per week
- Do a simple weight-training workout 2-3 days per week
- Get at least 7 hours of sleep every night ** This one's going to be the most difficult **

Think I can make it? I am really, truly going to try. I'll keep you posted.

I also picked up a book about organizing. It gives a different organizing task to accomplish each week. When all these things are broken down into small jobs it seems manageable. Why do so many people fail at these kinds of resolutions, myself included? All I can say is I'm going to give it an honest try...

I was very happy this morning to find the girls each in their own rooms playing by themselves. It's not that I don't want to play with them, but I think it's very healthy for kids to learn how to play by themselves, without resorting to vegging out in front of the TV. And I enjoy being alone. I'm sorry, but I need space... often!


In this household, Lin tends to flop in front of the TV when she is not given something to do. And Ruby tends to wander around the house, sometimes literally just rolling on the floor, with her favorite blankie in her hand and her thumb in her mouth. It drives me crazy!!


So I was very happy to find Lin playing with her new *Barbies and Ruby playing with *Legos. Happy. Alone.

**They lasted this way for nearly 5 minutes!**

No comments:

Post a Comment