Thursday, June 17, 2010

WE'RE HOME!!




Today we became a family of four! Yes, we made it home from China in one piece. I am exhausted.

For those who followed our Journey To Me blog, thank you. We had so much fun doing it, and checking our emails each day.

And now I'm back here, to start chronicling the next adventure -- actually parenting this 12-year-old girl. I'm not going to write much tonight because as I sit here I realize that the room has started slightly spinning around me. But I do want to write that Lin shed her first tears tonight, at bedtime. I have to say I wasn't a bit surprised and frankly, a tiny bit relieved to know that the grieving has begun. We had so much fun in China, constantly teasing and joking around. But Lin needs to grieve for what she's lost, too.

Today was just overwhelming for all involved -- even Ruby cried for awhile tonight after our welcoming party of grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins all left. Ruby is just crushed that Lin does not want to be anywhere NEAR our dog! I'm confident that Lin and Fresca will get along just fine, as soon as they get to know each other.

So that's what's happening right now. Hopefully we can all get a decent amount of rest tonight. Lin has a doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon, but I think the rest of the weekend will be spent quietly here at home. I'm no expert, but my instinct tells me that Lin needs some peace and quiet right now, to start processing all the changes she's been through and all the changes ahead in the road for her.

Please pray that Lin lets me comfort her through her grief. She didn't want me to know she was crying tonight and was trying to put on a brave smile. I just held her and told her it was okay. It's okay to be sad. It's okay to be scared. It's going to be okay.

1 comment:

  1. I just hopped over here from the Adoption Story Blog Hop and what a beautiful story you have :)! God is so very good. We have seven blessings (four adopted) and it just amazes me how blessed I am :). Thank you for chronicling this. I am really enjoying reading it!

    ReplyDelete