Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Last Day

Today is the last day we are a family of three. Our goal was to be mostly ready to go to China by today, so that we could just spend today enjoying Ruby. We went to the zoo...



As you can see, a great time was had by all. I think Ruby's favorite part of the day was seeing the baby giraffes, and then getting her own baby giraffe to take home. She named it "Ruby The Giraffe."

You can't see it in any of the pictures, unfortunately, but Ruby's T-shirt reads "Little Sis." I think Ruby's as ready as she can be. We've been talking every day about how she's going to stay with her grandparents while we're gone, all the things she's going to do. She's got a paper chain to mark the days we'll be gone and I know she'll be super-busy all the time, to keep her distracted. She told me she's excited to play with Grandma and Grandpa Dickerson's doll house and toy train, and she's excited to go to her cousin Brandon's baseball games. She also told me she thinks Grandma Linda is going to take her and her cousin to a water park. Hmmm, is that a hint?

Anyway, it will be awfully tough saying goodbye to her tomorrow but I'm going to try really hard to keep it together. I don't want her to see my tears because I want her to stay excited about these upcoming weeks, and not anxious. I know she'll be just fine.

Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment