Monday, August 2, 2010

Bowling, Twilight, and Other Stuff...

Took the family bowling this past week. In this picture, Lin and Ruby are supposed to be "looking tough."


Champ! (Okay, she came in 4th out of 4, but I think she had fun anyway!)
Ruby's new scooter!

I told you I'd get a picture of Ruby in the pool! She was in the pool all afternoon yesterday!

Lin and Ruby went to a friend's birthday party at Young Chef's Academy. They made pizza and ice cream -- Yum!

So this has been our life this last week and a half since my last post. Busy and fun! I've also found the thing that Lin and I have in common that is just for the two of us -- Twilight! Yes, I've succombed to the lure of everything "Twilight" and I must say, I'm pretty darn obsessed. I wanted to find that one thing Lin and I could do together and I knew she was familiar with the Twilight books/movies, so I finally picked up the first book and ... well ... I'm now just about finished with book 3. I can't put it down! I took Lin out on a date to see "Twilight: Eclipse" in the theater, and I've ordered her a copy of the first book in Chinese. I really hope she enjoys reading it as much as I have!

I feel like I'm supposed to be embarrassed by this, but I've talked with several other mothers who all say that they like it, too, so I know I'm not alone.

(Should I be embarrassed that I encouraged her to get this "Edward" poster for her room? Maybe...)

No comments:

Post a Comment