Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I Feel Too Guilty!

Okay, okay, I can't take it! I feel too guilty for posting something so negative and selfish...

It's all good now!
I was just having a kinda lousy day at work and needed some sympathy. But I've heard from quite a few people now, so thank you thank you thank you!!

I'm pretty excited for Lin today -- she's going out to a movie with friends!! Our wonderful daycare lady is taking Lin and the two sisters who are Lin's age out for a movie this afternoon. I'm so happy for Lin that she's starting to feel friendship toward these girls. There's still a ways to go -- it's not like they're having slumber parties or anything. But she's starting to mention them by name when I ask about her day, and last night when I asked her if she wanted to take a book to daycare today, she said no and then mentioned these two girls and pantomimed playing on the computer. I think they spend time on the computer with Ro*setta Stone, the girls teaching Lin English and Lin teaching them Chinese. The other day when I picked Lin and Ruby up, Lin was teaching the kids how to write their names in Chinese, and they told me she had taught some of the daycare kids how to play a game earlier that day.

I'm just happy because I know in Shanghai Lin was very popular and social and had a lot of friends. And the way she acts when she's at home, she just seems like such a funny girl who would just fit in so well with other kids her age. But she just seems so shy and hesitant when she's around other people. I know she thinks she can't make friends due to the language barrier. I'm hoping she's starting to learn that true friendship transcends language.

I'll let you all know how the movie goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment