Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Fun at Camp

Ruby and I had an absolutely great time at "My Mom and Me" camp this past weekend! If you live anywhere near West Michigan, or have the means to travel here, I cannot say enough to recommend Camp Newaygo. It was everything you want a good old-fashioned summer camp to be. We sang songs, went swimming, kayaking, built sand castles, played games, went on scavenger hunts, made new friends... It was just great and I can't wait to go back again next year -- "My Mom and Me" camp is for kids age 3-6, so Ruby and I have two more years. We were there only about 27 hours, but I wish it could have gone on and on. This is the same camp that Lin will be attending later this month, and all the counselors are ready and waiting to make her first camp experience the best it can be.

Enjoy the pictures!

Here's Ruby on the steps that lead down to the lakefront.

Our home-away-from-home for the night -- these are the original cabins built when the camp started in 1926.

Ruby got to sleep on a bunk bed!

The lake -- the water in the sectioned-off swimming area was shallow, only up to Ruby's chest...

... although Ruby was far too busy building sand castles to do any swimming.

Kayaking -- I'd never gone kayaking before, but now I'm absolutely hooked!

During the animal class, the kids got to see turtles, goats, a chinchila, a geko... and baby bunnies!

Ruby really did shoot this arrow, with a little help from one of the counselors.

Saturday night ended with S'mores at the campfire.

Picnic lunch at the lake on Sunday afternoon.

See you again soon, Camp Newaygo!

1 comment:

  1. Our older daughter enjoyed Camp Newaygo in middle school. Good times. And happy one year anniversary of your family of four. So cool.

    ReplyDelete