Friday, June 3, 2011

Weekly Update

Sorry it's been over a week since the CONCERT and I haven't updated you all on how GREAT it was!

It... Was... GREAT!

Man oh man, I screamed just like I did the first time I saw the New*Kids in person, back in 1989 (although this time I didn't cry like I did back in 1989...)

Oh, and for the record, my favorite is Joe from New*Kids! He's just as cute now as he was then!

Anyway, Lin also had a great time. I had been trying to prepare her ahead of time for what she would be seeing. I told her that it would be loud. That people would be screaming loud. That I would be screaming loud. But sure enough, she still was not fully prepared for the craziness. When the lights went out and the New*Kids came out on stage, Lin looked at me and said "Oh my goodness! You're crazy!"

Waiting for the show to begin

Woo Hooooooo!!!!
Lin also took her camera and took quite a bit of video of me enjoying the concert (in other words, screaming my fool head off). Let's just say, I will NOT be sharing said video here!

In other news, we spent Memorial Day at Dave's mom's pool. It was 90 degrees outisde but the pool water was freezing!! We spent the afternoon eating Dave's wonderful smoked ribs and having a gigantic water fight. Dave got thrown in the pool, fully clothed; his brother-in-law got shoved in also, and even those who didn't get in the water were still soaked by the end of the afternoon. It was so much fun!

Mmmm... meat.

Ignore the look of terror on her face... I think Lin was the one who actually started the water fight!

What could be cuter than a little girl with swimmies on her arms!
After we left the BBQ we visited the cemetary where Dave's grandparents are buried. It was a new experience for both girls, but we kept it light-hearted. Neither Lin nor Ruby could really get a grasp on the concept of burial and both girls had some questions. We talked with them honestly and I got to talk to Lin a bit more about Heaven and God and what happens when we die. But like I said, we kept it light-hearted, too. At one point we laughed so hard when Ruby, God bless her, said (and I swear this is exactly what she said), "Okay, I'm for real now. What's in there??"

And today Lin got to go on a school field trip to the zoo. Look how cute she is!


Just look at my girl, wearing shorts and a sleeveless top. It's amazing... She's been home almost a year now, and yet I still see changes in her as she becomes more comfortable in her new home. Last summer I could barely get her to wear shorts and most days she actually wore a jacket over her shirt, even in the hottest weather. It didn't occur to me then that she was uncomfortable exposing herself, like she felt that by protecting her skin she was protecting her whole self, you know? But look at her now, totally comfortable and absolutely cute as can be!

Tomorrow morning Ruby and I leave for Mommy and Me camp! We're all packed up and ready for a great time. Dave and Lin also have a busy weekend planned, and when I say "busy" I mean "sitting-on-their-fannies-watching-movies." It should be a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Love the post...So glad you and Lin could share your craziness together.

    Have fun at camp. Tell Dave he is the Man of the Meat!!!

    Both your girls are beautiful!
    Much love,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete