Monday, June 27, 2011

Word of the Day


The dictionary defines "surly" as:
irritably sullen and churlish in mood or manner

~~~~~~~~~~~~

(And for good measure, the dictionary defines "churlish" as:
a lack of civility or graciousness; difficult to work with or deal with)

~~~~~~~~~~~

I define "surly" as:
 my 13-year-old daughter

~~~~~~~~~~

It's days like yesterday that force me to remember that sometimes, you can't make it better. Sometimes you just hold your breath and wait for it to be blessed bedtime.

I also have to remind myself that she's being exactly what a 13-year-old girl is supposed to be -- downright surly sometimes. She's good at it.

And here's a special message to my mother: I apologize for all the times I was a surly teenager.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Lisa...I can SO relate!! I have a 13-year old, too.

    This is my second time with a teenage daughter, my oldest is 22. Things will get better!

    ReplyDelete