Saturday, June 11, 2011

Yearbook Time

Lin got her 2010-2011 school yearbook yesterday, and it was so cute to look through it with her. All this year I've been a little worried that she doesn't seem to have made any friends. I didn't realize that making friends would be so difficult for her. At home she's so funny and cheerful (most of the time) and just friendly. I would look at her and think, how is this wonderful girl not surrounded by a group of girls at school, chattering away like girls do? But Lin would always insist that she doesn't want friends, she prefers to be alone at school.


Well, it seems that maybe she has more friends than I thought. She was so proud to tell me that lots of kids had signed her yearbook! And she signed lots of yearbooks! Three different girls wrote their phone numbers down for her with instructions to call them over the summer. As we looked through the book together she would point out a picture here and there and say the kid's name and what class they had together -- kids I've never heard her talk about before. And she got to one picture of a girl and said "that's my friend." I'm just so happy for her! It will be my job to see that she stays social over the summer with some of these kids, so she starts 7th grade feeling like she belongs.


I mean, come on, look at that face... doesn't this girl belong at someone's slumber party?


Meanwhile, our Ruby had her gymnastics recital last week. She did great! Although she would much rather be taking ballet classes than gymnastics, and tells me this regularly, she always has such a good time at her gymnastics class. And really, how cute can she get???


Ruby is going to her very first friend birthday party today. It's a princess party, starting at 11:00am. Let's just say, Ruby has been wearing her princess dress and crown since 7:30, and she keeps asking "Is it time to go yet? Can we go now?" Just a few more minutes, kiddo...

1 comment:

  1. Lisa,
    I think that Lin has had friends all along...You know teenagers give out very little info unless they are in the mood! (I experience this all the time as a high school teacher, and I know that it is probably the same at home, too!)

    Ruby is a cutie! It is so funny that our girls are switching their focus. Tori wants to ditch ballet and try gymnastics this fall!

    Loved the camp post...I wish that they had something like that near here.

    Have a great weekend!
    Cindy

    Ruby is a cutie-pie

    ReplyDelete