Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Good News Bad News

Well, the good news is our Article 5 was issued on Monday. We are officially waiting on our TA! Assuming we are within average wait times, China should be sending out our TA in 2-3 weeks. Woo hoo!

The bad news is our agency has told us NOT to plan on being in the early May travel group. Oh, crud. So even if we get a lightning-fast TA, there is no room for us in that group. On the phone with our social worker, she said "Are you going to cry as soon as we're off the phone?" and the question alone made me cry.
But, life goes on. I'm choosing to stay positive. I don't want Lin sitting on her bed in Shanghai moping around, crying, depressed. I want her to be having fun, living life. So that's what I'm going to do, too. Life goes on.

And speaking of life, here's a few pics of life with Ruby. What a doll!
Here she is, modeling her new bathing suit which she has paired with her tutu and her "Balleria slippers." (Yes, she leaves the "n" out of Ballerina -- adorable, although the first time I heard her say it I thought she was saying "diarrhea.")

And here she is after she made her bed all by herself. Now that she's 3, she's old enough to have some household responsibilities. We're starting her off with making her bed every morning and helping clear the table after dinner. Just think, in a few years, I'll be sitting on the couch eating chocolate cake watching my daughters do all the household chores...
Wait, you say it doesn't work that way?

No comments:

Post a Comment