Sunday, September 12, 2010

Do Not Adjust Your Sets...

As I go back and scan through the blog, I realize that about 75% of the pictures of Lin show her wearing the same plaid purple shirt. The girl does own other clothes! It just so happens that the purple shirt is one of her favorites, not to mention the fact that she looks so cute when she wears it.

One thing about our adopting an older child: we have not stressed too much about her clothes. She would wear the same clothes 2 or even 3 days in a row if she could. I think that's what she was used to in China -- the same outfit for 2 or 3 days and a shower every 2 or 3 days. These first couple months home we've let this go. Now that the official school year has started, I did tell her that she needed to wear a different shirt every day. I explained to her that it didn't matter to me, but that the kids at school might tease her. She rolled her eyes like a good almost-teenager, but she has complied. Her grandma also bought her a ton of new school clothes this weekend, so she has much more variety in her wardrobe now.

Today when she was getting ready for church, there she was in her same old T-shirt, jacket, jeans and flip-flops. I said "Why don't you wear one of your new shirts?" She looked at me and said (in English, the smarty-pants) "You say is-ah for school. School tomorrow. No today."

Hmph. What could I say to that?

No comments:

Post a Comment