Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Great Day at School!

Ruby's first-ever day at preschool was yesterday! She was so excited. She goes to school on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons and on most days she will walk to school from daycare. But yesterday I stopped in to walk with her and the other kids. I say walk with her, but in reality the kids nearly sprinted down the sidewalk while the adults followed behind. It was ridiculously cute! When we got there all the kids gathered outside until the teacher told them they could go in, and Ruby was the first one in the door!

When I got there to pick her up after school the first thing she said to me was "We climbed out a window!" so they must have practiced a fire-drill, I guess. And when Lin sat down to do her homework last night Ruby insisted she had homework, too. So she got out her crayons, scissors and construction paper and got to "work." What a sweetie!

And speaking of Lin, she also had a great day at school. There was a new student at school yesterday -- another Chinese girl who speaks no English! I'm thrilled!! The guidance counselor told Dave that the two girls would have all their classes together, except for Band, and Lin told me they ate lunch together. She also told me this girl asked Lin to be her friend. How sweet! When I picked Lin up from school, the two girls came out of the building together, chattering away. I'm just so happy that they will have each other, to help get them through the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment