Sunday, September 12, 2010

Fun Sunday

Took the girls to the zoo today, a spur-of-the-moment decision after we got home from church this morning. Man, was it busy!! We stayed for just a couple hours and only saw half the park before calling it a day. No pictures to show, the battery on our camera died after just a few minutes inside the gates.

While at the zoo, we ran into another family who is adopting a classmate of Lin's from Shanghai. He will be home in November. Lin got a little peeved at me after I spent a few minutes chatting with this family (are you reading this, Jane?) and I learned a valuable lesson on keeping Lin's life private. We had just walked away from this family and Lin was telling me a few things that she remembered about their soon-to-be son. Well, I ran back to tell the family what Lin told me, because I knew they would want to know everything they can about him. When I got back to Lin, she was mad. I immediately stopped her and said "What did I do?" She asked me why I had gone running back to this other family to repeat her conversation. Luckily we had the pocket-translator with us and I was able to type in that this other family was excited to meet their new son, and how they want to know everything they can about him. Then I told her that I was very sorry for not asking her permission first for sharing what she had told me. It took a minute, but she lightened up and said she wasn't mad, she just didn't understand why I repeated our conversation.

Whew! Crisis averted, and lesson learned!

Tonight we watched "Jurassic Park" on our home theater. It was so much fun! Ruby huddled in my lap with her beloved blankie over her eyes (in between asking where the dinosaur babies had gone) and Lin next to me shrieking and saying "Oh my goodness!" during the scary dinosaur parts. Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment