Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Extravaganza!!

Pre-Christmas cookie-baking...  The dreaded Butter Cookie (aka Cookie Press cookie). A Christmas tradition -- they're a pain in the #$* to make, but delicious to eat!


Getting ready to head out the door on Christmas Eve, for the first of several family Christmas parties!




Lin and Ruby (with their Grandma/Nai Nai) opening the first of many presents!



Christmas Eve evening at Grandma and Grandpa's house.



Ruby, making sure Santa's reindeer are well-fed!


Christmas morning with brand-new Pillow*Pets!



Playing a mean game of Old Maid with the cousins...


Is there anything better than playing with Christmas *Barbies (while wearing new Christmas jammies)?

**Please note: I apologize for the lack of clothing on Lin's *Barbie.**



It's been a crazy 48 hours, but all of our Christmas parties are now done and we're ready to just hang out at home and enjoy our new toys! Lin did absolutely great on her very first Christmas -- she's exhausted but just so happy. I wasn't sure about the *Barbies, whether she would play with them or not, but I wanted her to at least have the opportunity. Just now as I'm typing this, she sang out "I love my *Barbie girl!"

Lin just asked when we were going to go outside and play... Stay tuned for pictures of Lin on her brand-new sled, going sledding for the first time in her life!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Without getting too weepy, I have to say that the joy I have experienced these last two days, seeing Christmas through the eyes of a 13-year-old girl who never had a Christmas before, just overwhelms me. I can't sufficiently put it into words, so all I'll say is... We're happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment